It's the 4th of July!!!!

Okay, so now it's officially the Holiday! YAY!! Happy 4th of July!!!
I didn't do much today other than relax, cook, hang out with friends and finish up some homework. (Yes, I still procrastinate...but at least it's all done now!)
Several of the missionaries that also live at the language school with me all joined in for dinner tonight as we fired up the grill. I made grilled chicken and corn on the cob, while the Turners had steak, the Smiths had hamburgers and Tim made a huge shrimp tray for everyone to partake of. It was fun. I also threw together an apple pie at the last minute - (really at the last minute!!). Bought in the end, after we'd stuffed ourselves with all kinds of grilled delicacies, we settled down to hot apple pie with vanilla ice cream. Here's a picture of my pie.
I finished off my holiday time by watching the New York City Fireworks show on TV. Wow, what a spectacular sight! It's been such a great weekend, though very different from being in the States for the Holiday. But I've had a good time and wish that there was another day of fun before going back to class. :) Isn't that life!?! Actually, I'm looking forward to tomorrow because we're having an Italian dish luncheon where everyone signed up to bring some kind of food. I've made manicotti for the event - thanks Mom for the recipe!! :) So, it should be lots of fun.
Well, take care everyone and have fun getting back into the daily grind of work! Trust me, I feel your pain. :)
Jennifer

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home