Friday, February 16, 2007

Cina Cina - An Argentine Ranch

On February 6th I went with a group of pastors from the States to an estancia (ranch) outside Buenos Aires called Cina Cina. Here one could get a taste of typical Argentine country life and culture. Here is a group of singers and dancers performing for us. Soon, however, we were included in the dancing! This gaucho pulled me up to dance with him...and I realized that I have two left feet!! I also got to go horseback riding!! :) My horse's name was Rosita and she only wanted to RUN, which meant I had to keep her from running off with me, but it was so much fun. I felt for some of the other riders who had horses that barely moved, but Rosita made it well worth while. We also got to watch the gauchos (cowboys) perform tricks on horseback...like trying to pull a tiny ring off a hanging leather strap by putting a stick through it while quickly riding by. It was no small feat, and since it was especially windy this day they only made it about 3 times out of over 10 tries. In the end, they brought the rings over and gave them to girls in the crowd...and I got a ring!!! Here's our group watching the gauchos. Rachel, one of the girls visiting from the States, and myself went out and had our picture taken with the gauchos. It was such a fun day and I enjoyed seeing more of Argentina than I had yet experienced.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home