Friday, February 16, 2007

A Day of Dreams at Lujan Zoo!!!

Okay, so what could be so exciting about going to a Zoo? That all depends on the Zoo!!! On February 10 I was finally able to go to the Lujan Zoo just outside Buenos Aires where you not only get to see a wide variety of large, exotic animals...but you get to pet them!!!
Look!! Look!! That's me petting a Tiger!! I have only been able to pet a tiger once before in my life...so walking into this place was like walking into a dream come true. Here is another one, only about 13 months old. Of course, I also had to stop in and visits the monkeys...who seemed to like my sunglasses!! Then a quick ride on an elephant. And don't forget the Camels!!! This particular camel seemed nice enough at first, and then just after this picture he leaned over and tried to bite my arm! Luckily, I moved out of the way pretty quick...only to trip on some sticks on the ground and fall over. But at least I didn't get bit! Having had enough with camels, we made our way to the more exciting attractions...Lions!!! This big guy was sleeping the whole time we were there, so I was only able to come up and pet him. But here is one a little younger who was up and awake for pictures! And here are some REAL MONKEYS!! I went to the Zoo with the Babcock's so here is Kim's sister, June, with her daughter, Sarah, and Rachel and myself. On the way to lunch I made friends with this handsome Macaw...who seemed very eager to make my acquaintance as well. Then it was off to the 2 year olds!! This guy was so incredibly handsome!! Just look at that face!! Then came the most amazing moment of all when I met Lucas the Lion. No, that's not a computer generated photo...I really got to lay on top of him!!!! A few minutes later he rolled over on his back to stretch a bit and you can see just how huge he is!!! Then we got to go see a Puma and were actually allowed to pet him even though he was up and pacing along the edge of the cage. Rachel and I just stood next to where he was pacing and would pet his back as he passed us. And another shot of one of the tigers sleeping. I was so enthralled and almost entranced with the tigers and lions. It was simply amazing and I loved every second of the experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home