Friday, July 22, 2005

Anexión de Guanacaste!!!

Well, this upcoming Monday is a big day for Costa Rica!! It is the 181st Anniversary of the annexation of the province of Guanacaste, which added quite a bit of land and some of the most beautiful beaches in the world to this little Central American paradise. So, what does a language school full of Gringos and fun loving Ticos do to celebrate such an occasion?
FIESTA, FIESTA, FIESTA!!!!!!!!!

Here's a pic of Dave, Myself, and Daniel in our party outfits! Upon arriving at school I discovered that all the teachers had dressed up in white shirts and banderas to represent the people of Guanacaste. So, I ran back to my room and changed, then I talked Dave & Dan into getting into the party spirit with me. All three of us were going to get up and speak in Spanish at the party later on, so this way we looked the part!!!



Classes were shortened to leave enough time for a great party...including a group of dancers who demonstrated some typical dances and a wide asortment of amazingly delicious native foods! I thoroughly enjoyed the day, except when I had to get up and speak to everyone. :) But it all went well and everyone had a blast!!
Thank you, people of el Partido de Nicoya who, in 1824, voluntarily decided to cease being their own territory or colony and chose to be annexed as a part of Costa Rica - because, thanks to you, I had a great time at the party today!! And, tomorrow, I'm actually going to Guanacaste for 3 days to go to the beach and enjoy the long weekend. I'm really looking forward to it, especially becuase the beaches near Tamarindo - where I'll be staying - are supposed to be some of the most beautiful in the country. As long as it doesn't get unbearably hot, I believe I'll enjoy it immensely.
Hope you all have a great weekend too!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home