La Paz - Butterflies & Waterfalls
The day after Zip-Lining, a group of us made our way to the La Paz Butterfly Gardens & Waterfalls. It was simply beautiful. We first made our way through the Butterfly Gardens.
The whole room was filled with butterflies of all sizes and shapes. One type had bright blue wings which were only visible when their wings were open, so as they flew they looked like flying spots of irridescent blue. Here's another butterfly that I was able to catch in a picture.
Then it was on to the waterfalls (cataratas en espaƱol), which was actually a series of several falls. We hiked down some trails and were able to get to the bottom of several falls, where it was very wet! Of course, all I had was my little umbrella so I got pretty wet, but the falls were amazing to behold. And I wasn't as wet as on the Zip-Line, so that was a relief! 

Overall it was a wonderful day and I am excited to have seen another natural marvel of Costa Rica. :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home