Saturday, October 01, 2005

Oh Me, I'm 23!!!!



Yes, that's right, on Sunday, September 25th, I turned 23!! It was my first birthday away from home and I must say it was quite a day!! I awoke at 5:30 in the morning when my phone began to ring as family members called to wish me a Happy Birthday. As much as I dislike getting up that early, I loved getting all the calls. After church, I had lunch with a missionary family here who have adopted me as an overseas Aunt to their three kids, ages 2, 4, and 6!!! It was an amazing time. And in the evening a group of us got together for a little party and game night! Renay even made me a birthday cake!
It was a wonderful birthday, even though I was away from home. I am so thankful for my wonderful friends and family who made it a point to send me cards, gifts and to call me so that the day was exceptionally special!! I am even more thankful that God helped me enjoy every moment and feel the love that everyone was showing me!! He's blessed me with such wonderful friends!! I am truly grateful.
And here I am with a special-request gift from Tara - a new Mrs. Groban shirt!!! Yes, the obsession continues!! :) And I am so grateful to Tara for making it all possible. You Rock, Girl!! Thanks again, everyone, for making my birthday so special!! I love you all!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home