Tuesday, July 26, 2005

A Weekend In Tamarindo

Well, I suppose for all true accounts, you can't say I was in Tamarindo for the whole weekend. After a six hour bus ride to get there on Saturday and another six hour return trip Monday, there wasn't a lot left of the weekend. But it was worth it!! We - myself, Elizabeth, Amberley & Clay - took off for the Pacific Coast of Guanacaste, Costa Rica - the northwestern part of the country.


But we had a good time. Clay spent the mornings and evenings surfing, while we girls spent the day laying out or swimming. In the afternoon Clay gave Amberley some surfing lessons...I even got a couple tries with the surf board! We girls were soon chased out of the water, however, as the waves got higher and the surfers took over the water. I enjoyed it, and I was extremely happy to find that I did not get burnt!! Sunday night we girls became a photo team for Clay as he caught a few final waves and we snapped as many pics as we could of the beautifully setting sun. Here's one shot of many I took.

It was a great time of fun...especially for dinner where we ate a massive plate of nachos. All three of us girls split one plate, but Clay was able to devour an entire plate on his own! It was awesome.

Overall, it was a fun weekend. The only hard thing about having a long weekend was trying to get back into Spanish when classes started today. :) Ah, such is life.

Anyway, only about 15 days of school left till the end of the trimester!! YAY!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home