Merry Christmas y Feliz Navidad!!
Ahh, the Holidays! It's a good thing that Christmas is considered a season, becuase my family no longer cares to pay attention to the actual dates of the Holidays but instead opts to change around the dates in order to schedule in all the required activities. For example, this year there were many "Christmases" to be had. The first Christmas family pictures were taken December 11 after I arrived back in T-Town.


And we must not forget the newest addition to the Christmas Calendar - Christmas Brunch!! Mom took the three of us girls to McBirney Mansion for a special Christmas breakfast!
Then of course came Christmas Eve, but it came early in our family...for us Christmas Eve was Dec. 22! And as our Christmas Eve traditions go, that means homemade pizza time followed by more presents to open than one would think possible in one night. (Which is perhaps why we didn't try...there were almost half the presents left unopened which were being saved for the Berglind Family Christmas to be held at a later date.)
Then came the real Christmas Eve, you know, when the rest of the world celebrates it. That was when the Berglinds held their official family Christmas while Mom & I got to sit in and enjoy the sight of Christlyn and Ethan opening presents for well over an hour. (Do recall this was round two!) Oh yeah, sorry there aren't any pics from that night...my photo-clicking finger was strained from overuse on our first Christmas Eve and the next day was Christmas, so I had to let it rest.Finally CHRISTMAS DAY arrived, which meant the final round of festivities with Mom at her house. Kat & Chris arrived to announce that they were officially engaged...but I'll leave that story for another blog. The kids had yet more presents to open and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.


So, it is true that Christmas is much more than a day...it can be four if you work things just right! :) I hope that each of you had as splendid a Christmas as I did, though perhaps not quite as crazy. The funny thing is, I wouldn't have my Christmas any other way!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home