Día de Misiones
Today the students of Cincel came together and led a Missions Sunday at a church about an hour outside San Jose. We split up into three groups to focus our programs: adults, youth, and kids. I, of course, was privileged to work with the kids group. :) In fact, I gave an object lesson in spanish!! Cool, eh? I thought so. Here I am narrating the drama, which was being acted out by my fellow language students.
Many of the language school students/missionaries had a specific role for the day. My good friend and neighbor, Debbie, helped teach the kids our verse of the day: "Yo soy la luz del mundo, el que me sigue no anadará en tinieblas." San Juan 8:12. (That's John 8:12 by the way - "I am the light of the world, he who follows me will never walk in darkness.")
And then, after the program, Ricky Hendon and his sons made balloon animals for the kids.
The kids seemed to really enjoy the day and we were able to help explain to them some basic concepts about missionaries, like what a missionary does and who can be a missionary. It was also wonderful actually getting to work with kids and be in an active role ministering and doing something. :) This day has made me even more excited about heading to Argentina and getting into full time work and ministry. I'm so excited about what God has ahead!! :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home