It's Official!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
December 14, 2006...
Kathryn prepares a special gift for Chris...but he'll only get it after he gives her a special gift of his own.

December 16, 2006...The Helmle girls (and Berglind girls) make a visit to David's Bridal...and make big purchases as well.
Sorry...picture not included for the time being.
I wouldn't want to ruin any surprises! :)
I wouldn't want to ruin any surprises! :)
December 25, 2006...Christmas morning...
Kathryn arrives at Chris' house so they can exchange their own presents before making the drive to Tulsa. Chris has a large (huge, I'm told) box for Kathryn with a ribbon coming out of it that says, "Pull." So she does, and as she pulls the ribbon, tied to it is a picture of them together. Further down the string comes another picture, and a little further appears a card with a scripture verse on it. Kathryn continues to pull, going through many pictures and scriptures as she does so. Until finally the end of the ribbon is tied around a book...in fact, it's a "10 Years of Christmas Memories" book. On the first Christmas page is a voice recording...Chris' voice. I was not told exactly what the message said, but at the end it told her to close her eyes. When she opened them, Chris was down on one knee....
They arrived in Tulsa a few hours later as Kathryn proudly showed off her left hand! It was official!!! WOOHOO!!!! As for myself, I was exceptionally thrilled that Chris proposed before I left for Argentina. The whole family was so excited and equally jubilant. And as for Kathryn, who had well prepared for the festive event...she was beaming, and it is clearly apparent that her happiest days are yet to come.
I am so excited for Kathryn and Chris and am thankful that God brought them together...not only that they might know such joy in the love they share with each other and with Him...but that they may share that love with everyone they meet and that their marraige will be a testiment to the incredible LOVE and ALL-SURPASSING JOY that GOD ALONE can bring to life!!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home