Monday, April 17, 2006

Fun in Argentina!

So, if you're wondering what I'm doing down in Argentina...I'm having fun!! :D
Here are a few pics of life down here! This is a picture from a Saturday night youth service. We have such an incredible time every week simply enoying the presence of God! It's awesome!Here I am with Jonathon Babcock, an MK here in Buenos Aires. His family lives about an 8 minute walk from my house, so I have become another member of the family. And here's Mariah & Sarah, a couple of my friends who teach at BAICA. Then there's the rest of my family here in Argentina: the Babcock's. Here is Shari with their dog Capiche. And here's Rachel and her dad Kim. Kim and Shari have two older kids who are currently living in the States...so I'm their adopted daughter while the rest of the kids are out of this country. And finally there's Gaby & I! Gaby goes to my church and also teaches Kindergarten at the church's school. We hang out quite a bit and she's a big help to my language acquisition since she doesn't speak any English. Here's a picture of her when we went to the park the other day to simply drink mate and sat around talking for a couple hours. I feel like I'm starting to get culturally assimilated thanks to Gaby. She's doing her best and being very patient with me in the mean time. So, life in Argentina is good and I'm having a good time. Lots of new friends to fill my days with fun activities and new faces to fill my photo album with smiles! Woohoo!!! :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home