Don't Cry For Me...Oklahoma?
There definitely is no reason to cry for me...not now that I finally am IN Argentina!
Wow, it's so incredible finally being here!! Simply amazing!!!
I hardly know where to start, so in such cases I suppose the beginning is the best.After a wonderful and well-needed three and a half weeks at home for the holidays, I packed up and flew out of Tulsa on January 5th, 2006. My one lay-over in Dallas allowed me to meet up with Don & Melba Exley, the missionaries I am working under, and we flew down (for 10 1/2 hours non-stop) to Argentina, arriving in the morning on January 6th. It was a bright and HOT summer day in Buenos Aires...yes, SUMMER! My internal calendar gets all messed up when I realize it's January and I'm out in my back-yard swimming or closing myself into the one room in my house with air-conditioning and blasting it just to fall asleep. :)
But I've gotten away with myself...back to the beginning. After the all-night flight I was rather exhuasted so Don & Melba brought me to my new home - the house of AG missionary Martha Lesperance who is currently in the States for a year itinerating. It's an adorable little 2-story house with a very secluded backyard, nicely accented with an in-ground pool. Here's a few shots I got of the house and the street I live on.





Since I arrived I have spent a good deal of time meeting people and aquainting myself with Buenos Aires, especially Martinez, the northern part of the city where I live. I discovered very quickly that the spanish here is quite different, they don't even call is spanish, but castellano, a more pure form of spanish from Spain. I love the sound of it, even if I am still working on understanding it. I have been able to help out Don a bit in the office at church. The church he pastors is Centro Familiar Cristiano - Family Christian Center - and I simply love it!! The people are so wonderful and warm, and even though I am just getting to know them, I can tell they are going to be a great church family for me. CFC also has a school, Colegio Cristiano de Martinez - Martinez Christian School - that goes up through 8th grade. It is in that school that I will be teaching English as a Second Language with all the grades. The school starts in March becuase this is currently their summer break. Also, when school starts, I will work some with a University outreach group, called Contacto, which I am really looking forward to. The more time I'm here the more at home I feel. And although I miss everyone back home, terribly at times, I wish everyone could come down here and see how wonderful it is. It is so much more wonderful than Costa Rica, which only convinces me that I truly am right where God wants me. :) It's so exciting!!! :) So, don't cry for me, cause I'm certainly not crying!!! :) 

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home