A Cruel Joke...
Sometimes being so far away from everyone back home can have its advantages. For example, on September 21st I got my hair cut and decided to play a very mean joke on my wonderful boyfriend. Earlier that morning I told him I was going to get my hair cut, but not a big cut because I like my hair long. I just wanted something new and with style. He was happy to hear I wasn't going to get it cut too short.
So I nervously went and got my first Argentine haircut, specifically stating over and over that I wanted my hair to stay as long as possible. The stylist did a great job in keeping the back long but also went ahead and did some short layers to add body. When I got home I realized that those short layers were cut in such a way that if someone did not see the rest of my hair, they would think I had chopped it all off. Soon, I was grabbing my camera, mischevious thoughts running through my mind. I put my longer hair up and styled the rest a little to look short!! Here's what I came up with:


So I sent these pics to Daniel at work and got on the phone with him when he opened them. He was absolutely shocked and asked me if I liked it. I went on and on about how it was different from what I had been looking for but I really liked it. (Which was true about the cut I really got.) He was quiet but tried to be positive when he spoke. I got all defensive and asked him if he liked it. Poor guy...I was setting him up so terribly. As we talked, I sent him the following picture to let him know I was joking and my hair was indeed still long. :)
But that's when a little hitch appeared in my plan. Daniel left work and didn't get my long hair picture. I had to keep going with the joke, wanting him to discover the truth when he saw the picture. Instead, he had to go so we hung up. A bit later we got on the phone again and could barely keep a conversation going because I was trying to not tell him the truth and he was so quiet. Finally I had to tell him the truth...and he was afraid to believe it. Now when he sees pictures of me with my long hair he "hits his knees in thanksgiving."Though I know it was a mean trick, I am a little proud that I pulled it off. Usually people can read me like an open book...but the pictures made this one believable. My only fear now is promised retribution... I know it's coming, and the anticipation only makes it worse.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home