Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Comida Dominicana

Back to fun with friends and food...on May 19th some friends came over and we had comida dominicana - Dominican Republic food. Emmanuel is from the Dominican Republic so he wanted to fix some food from his home so that the rest of us could give it a try. Here he is working on the seasoned rice to go with the marinated and fried chicken we made. And here's Mauricio and David working on chopping up onions and peppers and all kinds of goodies!! :D Everyone pitched in on the cooking for this event. Although we were eating comida dominicana, we stuck with Argentine tradition and didn't sit down to dinner until about 10:30pm. We were all pretty hungry by that time and savored every bite of the scrumptous chicken.
Not only do they cook, but they also clean!!! While the other guys were taking care of the kitchen clean-up, Emmanuel and I got a little more acquainted with our gangsta sides!
Here's the whole group: Elsa, ME, Gaby, David, Emmanuel, Mauricio!! I loved having them over to my house...it was actually the first time I'd been able to open up my house for a dinner party. I do believe we shall have many more in the future. Gaby wants us to have an asado at my house, which is like a BBQ except that you cook a lot more meat. And Mauricio is from Colombia so we think we need to have a night of comida colombiana as well. As for a night of comida norteamericana I'm still trying to figure out what exactly is American food in contrast with what we eat down here. But I'm sure I'll come up with something! :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home