Parque de la Costa!!!!
What better way can one possibly imagine spending a nice fall day than going to an amusement park with a bunch of friends?! May 11-13 was the Missionary Fellowship for Argentina where all the AG missionaries got together for a weekend in Pilar. On the 12th I tagged along with the "kids" and went to Parque de la Costa while the "adults" had a business meeting. Here's Rachel Ellis, Leslie & I at the gate entrance.
We started off the day by jumping right into some serious rides...that's right, the spinning tea cups!! Here's myself with Leslie, Rachel Ellis & Rachel Babcock. And boy did we get that tea cup spinning...talk about a dizzy way to start the day!!
And here's Leslie and I...Leslie is now my roommate until she goes back to the States on June 20th. It's so great having someone living with me again...we've been making it a point to become Argentine by going to coffee everyday and finding all the fun cafés in Martinez and beyond. :D
And this is Jonathon, my Argentine/Chilean/American brother. Okay, so it's confusing, but all that matters is I've been pretty much adopted into the Babcock family so that makes this crazy guy my brother!! :D Hmm...it seems I pick up families wherever I go! Woohoo!!
And here's his sister, Rachel, who dared to be my roommate during MF and apparently had an entire conversation with me at 3:30am that I have no memory of. Yikes, that's scary!
And this is when Leslie and I became MK Transporters. I was more volunteered by Leslie for the position, and neither of us realized it would actually last the entire walk from the park to where the bus waited at least half a mile away... Yeah, we should have led a revolt half-way there and saved our backs the pain, but look at those faces, could you have told them no?? I don't think so!!
I am very blessed to be a part of an amazing missionary family down here. It makes this time so much more enjoyable and gives me the opportunity to enjoy some American socialization from time to time. On top of it all, each and every one of them has an amazing heart for the people and for what God is doing here in Argentina. :) Yep, I'm loving it!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home