Ah...Kansas, Carrot Cake y Café con Leche
Could a girl ask for anything more? Well, perhaps, but this evening will be frozen in time forever as a moment of pure bliss and enjoyment. And I do mean "frozen" in time...for you see, it was FREEZING COLD!
Allow me to retrace my steps and start at the very beginning (a very good place to start, so I've been told). On June 10th after a church service, I headed over to Kansas, a popular and very American-style restaurant, with Rachel, Michelle and Leslie. It being 10:00 on a normal Saturday night, the place was packed and had an hour wait. An hour wait, that is, if you wanted to sit inside. They did present us with the option of sitting outside, for there were a few space heaters on and a couple other brave tables already eating out there. We chose to be daring...and went outside!!! Yeah, those space heaters weren't as effective as they had made them sound...but we were only going for dessert anyway and didn't want to wait the hour. Here I am with Michelle and Rachel along with the evidence of a few desserts we all chose to share.
Between the four of us we managed to complete a peice of carrot cake, some cheese cake, and an apple cobbler with ice-cream!! I made it a point to order some café con leche as quickly as possible to have something to keep me warm.As we began taking pictures to capture this moment of insanity, Leslie proposed that we try to capture the cold by taking a picture of our breath in the air. This produced more laughter than can be expressed in writing...not to mention a mountain of pictures that will no doubt be used as blackmail at a later date. Here is one such crazy photo of myself when I began laughing so hard that I literally was crying and could hardly breath. I think I added a whole month to my life by this one night of laughter!
But after many attempts and even more laughter, success was ours!!! We captured the combined breaths of Michelle and Rachel against the backdrop of Kansas and an even darker late-night sky. Indeed, I have included the pictured proof below so that all may see and believe.
I do believe our waiter thought we were insane, but at such moments one does not worry about what others are thinking. We merely gave him our cameras and begged him to take a picture of all of us together. It was a great night...one that truly does deserve to be frozen in our hearts and minds forever. So, here's to Kansas, Carrot Cake and Café con Leche...and how those things can make one's life so much sweeter.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home