Wednesday, October 11, 2006

A Day In Tigre

If you catch the train in Martinez and go all the way to the end of the line (opposite from Downtown BA) then you end up in Tigre. It's the beginning of the delta of the Rio de la Plata, so people living among the islands and upriver bring their crafts and wares to Tigre to sell at great prices. I knew Mom would love it!!! Here she is along one part of the Rio. And here I am as well near a small inlet of the river. We ate at one of my favorite restaurants in Tigre, El Ranchero. In the past I had always ordered some of their wonderful homemade pasta...but this was a special occasion so Mom and I went for food from the parilla, or grill. Here is our server with the sausages and steak we ordered. It was a good thing we split a lot of the food because they brought us so much!!! After lunch we hit the shops, which are filled with all sorts of souvenires and leather products, along with handmade jewelry and other interesting crafts. And of course, there's always a large supply of mate cups, straws, and bags...but Mom didn't seem too interested in that. Hmm...We had a very successful day, which included myself buying a new little leather jacket! :) I made it an early birthday present for myself.
I love Tigre!!!! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home