Wednesday, October 11, 2006

September 22nd - Mom's Arrival

Back in the fall of 2004, when I told Mom that I was going to accept the invitation to work in Argentina for my missions assignment, she told me that she would come visit me in 2006 to celebrate my birthday. At the time, it seemed so far away, such a distant reality. But on September 22nd, that reality came true when Mom got off the plane and met me in Ezeiza International Airport in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Seeing her there was surrealistic, like two worlds crashing together...but when she finally got through security and came out to give me a hug, I was the happiest I had been in a very long time.Of course we took off right away so I could show Mom as much as possible about my life in Argentina. We went home to get her settled into her room...and she had to have a tour of my little house. :) It was so fun having her there with me. Here we are in my bedroom. Then we left to grab some lunch at Kansas...which meant a walk through Martinez (my neighborhood)... ...and a train ride one stop down to Accasuso (where I will be living come January).It was such a wonderful day. And of course no Argentine's day is complete without a coffee break in the afternoon, so we went to the Coffee Store to have some cafe con leche and split a piece of chocolate cake with layers of dulce de leche and cream. Of course, the beauty of taking time out for coffee (and cake) is that it gives you time for talking and catching up...which we love doing!!! In fact, this first day was just the beginning of a wonderful 12 days of catching up, making memories, and growing closer together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home