A Day in Uruguay!
Due to visa issues, I have to leave Argentina every 90 days, which just happened to be in the middle of Mom's trip here. So, what better thing to do than take her with me on an exciting day trip to Colonia, Uruguay?!
We opted for a more traditional form of travel and took a boat from BA to Colonia, which lasted about 3 hours. It was such a fun trip. Here's Mom trying out her "Spanglish" as she orders some coffee all by herself. :)
Then I got to teach Mom how to do a Sudoku. I'm completely addicted to them, so we passed a little time as she tried her hand at it.
I also discovered soon after boarding that we were being honored with the presence of the Boca Jrs. football team...one of the main professional football teams in Argentina. In fact, I'm a Boca fan! After arriving in Argentina I learned that most people are either for Boca Jrs. or River, so I picked one of the two out of a hat (practically) and came out a Boca fan. Anyway, they were sitting just a few yards from us so when they got up for a few celebrity pics I popped up and took a picture myself. So, here is the official Boca Jrs. team on their way to Montevideo, Uruguay for a game. (I even heard them talking about the team on a radio in Uruguay while Mom and I were shopping.)
Anywho, after our ferry ride we came into Colonia...and made our way to the Historic section of town which is very traditional and has the slow, laid back village feel that comes as a breath of fresh air after hectic Buenos Aires.
Yeah, this was an awesome old car we saw.
Mom and I ate lunch in what could have been an old lighthouse, but instead was a restaurant with the top floor being a painter's studio (which our server showed Mom and I into!). We had an amazing view of the Rio de la Plata and much of the Historic section from our patio side lunch table. It was awesome. 
Then we spent the afternoon walking around, taking pictures, and doing a little souvenir shopping. 
We caught the boat home in the evening and had a perfect view of the sunset over the river as we left Colonia behind us.
It was a perfect day trip...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home