Sunday, November 26, 2006

Thanksgiving...Cariló Style!

Wow, I can't believe a second Thanksgiving has come and gone where I have been out of the U.S. This year, I did things a bit differently and hit the beach of Cariló with some other Americans. :) We drove down to Cariló, which is on the Atlantic coast about 4 1/2 hours from where we live in Buenos Aires. It's actually just a few miles down the coast from Pinamar, where I was last month for our Missionary Fellowship. (See previous post)
So we headed down on Wednesday and came back today, Sunday...so it was a nice long weekend, spent mostly relaxing and laying on the beach. I did take off one afternoon with a group to go 4Wheeling (my new obsession) and had an amazing time...but there are no pictures of that because I wanted to fully enjoy the moment and not worry about the camera. (Sorry!) I did however take some awesome pictures of the clouds at sunset or when a storm came through in the evening.I also spent a great deal of time walking along the beach, either in the morning or late at night...(thanks Craig for inspiring us all to go out for a SPEED walk along the beach at 11pm!!!)
This is the path down to the beach from our hotel.
But more than that we enjoyed just spending time together, talking, doing Sudokus, drinking mate, reading books, etc... :D
Mariah & Craig
Craig, Meg (the Conductor), and Joanna
Crazy Craig
On Thanksgiving Day we went down the beach a little ways to where some other BAICA teachers were staying and had a great feast! It was so much fun!!!
Jennifer & Sarah
Thanksgiving Dinner!!Sarah, Sarah Joanna, JennErny & Mariah
I am so glad I went to Cariló and was especially thankful for the time to rest before these last few weeks before going home for Christmas. Besides, who knows when I will ever spend a Thanksgiving Day on the beach again?! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home