Voleybol del Seleccion
Not long after camp, Gaby got me to go see the National Argentine Volleyball team play Brazil's national team down in the Capital. It was pretty cool to watch, and for the first time I got to hear the Argentine National Anthem actually sung at a sporting event. You see, the Argentine's have the longest national anthem, and the instrumental intro is so long that at the Olympics or other such sporting events they only play the musical intro. But here they had a singer come in and actually sing the words! It was pretty cool, especially since I have learned most of the anthem thanks to being in several school assemblies. :)
Gaby also talked to our friends from the Dominican Republic, who came gladly but chose to cheer on Brazil throughout the entire game. Here's Emmanuel, Gaby and Kemuel.
And these are the...cheerleaders? Yeah, I guess that's what they were...but I'd never seen a cheering squad like this before!
Who says being grown up means you can't still play with balloons?! Though I'm not sure if Gaby was hiding more from the balloon or from the camera! :)
Here's a shot of the game.
We had really great seats and enjoyed all 4 matches that were played. However, in the end, Brazil won, giving both Emmanuel and Kemuel plenty of ammunition for picking on those of us faithful to the host country. Still, the night was so much fun, I was happy to have just gone and been apart of it all. (Though if we'd won I would have been happier!) :D

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home