Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Tons of Fun!! :)

Mom's entire trip here was so much fun, and we honestly took far too many pictures to show them all here. Yes, it's true, I'm admitting defeat in this one area...but since pictures still can say a thousand words, I will do my best to put in a few that we snapped while just hanging out and enjoying being together.
Of course Mom quickly fell into my horrible habit of going to cafes all the time, so I had to put in a couple shots from different cafes we visited. :) We also went to a fun place called Siga La Vaca, which actually means Follow the Cow, but when I told that to Mom she thought I said, "Swallow the Cow." I guess that name would work too considering it is all about meat at this parrilla! We actually got there a little ahead of the lunch crowd, which usually arrives around 1pm, so the cooks let us come behind the grill and get a picture by the parrilla. The way it works is you take a plate up to the parrilla (grill) and ask them for anything out of their immense selection of meats and cuts. The only trick is knowing how to say the names of what you want, and knowing what NOT to ask for!!! Not only is it all you can eat, but there's also a salad bar, appetizer bar, and dessert included! It makes for quite a meal, so you better not be planning on eating anymore for the rest of the day after a place like this! :)Oh, and this is a cool shot of an outdoor asado in Tigre. This is a very typical way of cooking food, and even in the finest restaurants along Puerto Madero you will find places that have indoor pits like this where they cook the meat. However hard to believe, Mom and I didn't always go out to eat!! Here I am one night when we decided to make pizza (with some of the 5 lbs of pepperon she brought me! I'm so thankful for it!!!). Then on Sunday, Don and Melba took us out for my birthday lunch at one of my absolute favorite places...Kansas!! (Of course!!) It also happens to be a favorite of many of the missionaries, so I'm sure both Don and Melba enjoyed the opportunity as well. It was a fun time to share with them because Mom and I were so often on our own that this time was wonderful to get to mix a bit. Mom and I definitely packed as much fun as we could into those 12 days she was here!!! And soon, I'll be home packing in even more memories over the Holidays!! I know the time is going to fly. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home