Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Six Month Surprise!

While Mom was here a rather fun thing happened. On September 30th Mom and I left the house rather early (for a Saturday) and made our way to Tigre for some shopping and fun out and about. We stopped by the house in the early afternoon...and upon opening my front door I saw the most amazing sight. From the front door I could see through the kitchen doorway to the kitchen counter, upon which sat an enormous bouquet of callolillies. I don't just mean a big bouquet, or even large or huge...it was gigantic! It was as though a callolilly bush had been placed on my countertop. I was so shocked by it that I almost stopped in the doorway but then remembered that Mom was behind me and needed to come in as well.We walked into the kitchen together, I moving very slowly, so shocked and amazed by the sight of the flowers. A part of my mind told me they couldn't be for me, but as I saw they were from the BAFlower company I knew exactly who they were from...the only person that had sent me flowers from the States before. Indeed, Daniel had sent me 4 dozen callolillies for our first Six Months together. Why not 6 dozen you ask? Because they wouldn't have fit in the vase!! No, he later told me he had tried for 6 dozen but they would have come all separately or such, and he wanted the effect of the one large bouquet. So, with almost 50 callolillies squeezed into one huge vase, he definitely got the effect he was hoping for!! :) Okay, so here are a few pics of myself with the flowers that afternoon:Then on Sunday after church Mom took a few pictures of me with the flowers again. This time I'm also wearing my birthday necklace from Daniel as well. :) They're a lot heavier than they look!! The flowers were so beautiful, but what touched my heart so much more than just the flowers was the thought and care they demonstrated. Especially with all the work he had to go through to order them (since Daniel does not speak Spanish and the workers spoke very broken English). I can hardly put into words how thankful I am for all that Daniel has brought into my life...far more than just flowers! How thankful I am for him and who he is! I feel so lucky and blessed by God for the treasure He has blessed me with!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home