Colegio Cristiano de Martinez CAMPAMENTO!!
Camps can be wonderful times, and just as I enjoyed going to Camp so many times when I was younger I loved being able to go to Camp with my kids from school. We took off from the school on the morning of October 4th, the morning after Mom left to go back to the States, so I didn't really get any downtime after she left. But this was probably better because I didn't have time to realize she was gone until I got home the next evening.
Here we all are in the cafeteria after first arriving at camp. Ricardo, the man in the orange shirt who is our school chaplain and the associate pastor for my church, is giving an opening devotion to start off the camp.
The kids were split up into 4 different teams, each a different color, and had a competition during the week to see which would win the "Camp Cup". One activity in the afternoon was making masks and later parading them for points!
In the evening, we had services that got the kids involved on a personal level and challenged them to think about their future now and where God wants to take them.
Here I am with my table of girls for merienda (mid-morning snack/coffee).
Here I am with Maria Paz!!
This is little Agustin, the son of one of the teachers, enjoying some morning mate. It seems some people really take to it from an early age! :)
In no time, camp was coming to an end and we were all packing up to head home. Here I am with several kids waiting for the announcement of who won the Camp Cup before getting onto the buses.
Lucas and I.
After a long suspense, the Blue Team was announced the winner of the Camp Cup...which caused a riot of shouts and cheers as the kids rushed the cup and jumped around like they had just won the World Cup!!!
As with every camp, amazing memories were made and all the kids wanted to stay longer! And as for myself, I enjoyed getting a chance to bond with the kids on a more personal level without being seen as only a teacher, which was nice.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home